Writer : SUSAN URQUHART-BROWN
Published Year : 2008
Publisher : AMERICAN MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
Size : 2 MB
CHAPTER ONE : WHAT IS AN ENTREPRENEUR, ANYWAY?
- Eight Questions to Ask Before You Start a Business
- Myths About Going into Business for Yourself
- Take the Entrepreneur Quiz!
CHAPTER TWO : READY, SET, GO!
- The Entrepreneurial Mystique
- Taking the Leap
- Ten Traits of the Successful Entrepeneur
- Know Why You're Going into Business
- Tune Up Your Entrepreneurial Skills
- Avoid the Seven Common Pitfalls in Business
CHAPTER THREE : TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
- A Name That Grows with Your Busines
- A Checklist for Setting Up Your Business
- Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee?
- Which Business Structure Is Best for You?
- To Partner or Not to Partner
- Partnerships That Work
- Why a Business Plan?
- Target Your Market!
- Put Your Own Money on the Line: Investing and Financing
CHAPTER FOUR : WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE PARTY?
- What Motivates You to Keep Going?
- If You're the Boss, Who Keeps You Accountable?
- Magic Formula: Intuition and Intention
- Making Procrastination Work for You
- What Stops You in Your Tracks: Self-Sabotage and Resistance
- The Isolation of the “SoloPreneur”
- Burnout: How to De-Stress
- How Do You Spell Success?
- A Fork in the Road: Which Way Do You Go?
CHAPTER FIVE : MARKET AND SELL YOUR SOCKS OFF!
- Mind Your Ps and Qs
- Why Market Research?
- Going Green and Saving the Environment
- Six Secrets of Marketing Your Business
- Marketing = Sales!
- Ten Simple Ways to Get Referrals
- Six Sales Tips to Help You Sell with Confidence
How to Get Unstuck in the Sales Cycle
- Position Yourself to Sell a Solution
- Why Customers Should Buy from You
- Strategic Networking
- Customer Service as a Sales Tool
- How to Cultivate That “Something Special” in Your Business
How to Warm Up to Cold Calls
- Landing Consulting Gigs
- Dealing with Downtime in Your Business
CHAPTER SIX : GET CONNECTED TO THE WEB FOR PROFIT
- Keep-in-Touch Marketing Using the Internet
- Tips from Tech-Savvy Entrepreneurs
- Six Ways to Promote Your Business via the Web
- Your Web Promotion Action Plan
- Success Stories of Seasoned Web-Based Entrepreneurs
CHAPTER SEVEN : MAKING ROOM FOR MORE BUSINESS
- Expanding Your Business
- How to Tickle Your Customers
- Hire Wisely the First Time
- Retaining Good Employees
- Action Plan—What's Next?
- Your Business from A to Z