Writer : Mark L. Chambers
Published Year : 2006
Publisher : Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Size : 7 MB
Part I: Can I Really Do This?
- Chapter 1: What’s in a Computer, Anyway?
- Chapter 2: What Type of PC Should I Build?
Part II: Building Your PC
- Chapter 3: Building the Foundation: The Case and Motherboard
- Chapter 4: A Bag of Chips: Adding RAM and a CP
- Chapter 5: The Three PC Senses: Ports, Mouse, and Keyboard
- Chapter 6: Images “R” Us: Adding Video and a Monitor
- Chapter 7: Make Room! Your Hard Drive and Other Storage Devices
Part III: Adding the Fun Stuff
- Chapter 8: Putting the Spin on CD-ROM and DVD
- Chapter 9: Let Your PC Rock!
- Chapter 10: Modems and the Call of the Internet
Part IV: Adding the Advanced Stuff
- Chapter 11: Attack of the SCSI Monster
- Chapter 12: So You Want to Add a LAN?
- Chapter 13: Life in the Fast Lane with Broadband
- Chapter 14: Input and Output: Scanners, Cameras, Video Capture,and Printers
- Chapter 15: More Power User Toys
Part V: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 16: Ten Reasons Not to Buy a Retail PC
- Chapter 17: Ten Tools and Tasks for a Power User’s PC
- Chapter 18: Ten Important Assembly Tips
- Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Speed Up Your PC
- Chapter 20: Ten Things to Avoid Like the Plague