Writer : Sarah Hodgson
Sarah Hodgson has been a trainer of dogs and their people for over 20 years.
She has had many famous clients, including TV personality Katie Couric,
actors/actresses Richard Gere, Glenn Close, Chazz Palminteri, Chevy Chase, and
Lucie Arnez, business moguls George Soros, Tommy Hilfiger, Tommy Mottola,
and Michael Fuchs, and sports greats Bobby Valentine and Alan Houston.
Sarah is the author of eight dog training books, including Teach Yourself
Visually, Dog Training; Dog Tricks For Dummies; DogPerfect; and PuppyPerfect.
Soon to be released: Miss Sarah’s Book of Etiquette for Dogs.
Published Year : 2006
Publisher : Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Size : 6 MB
Part I: A Match Made in Heaven
- Chapter 1: Raising a Puppy: Making Heads and Tails of It
- Chapter 2: Pre-Puppy Considerations
- Chapter 3: Picking the Right Kind of Puppy for You
- Chapter 4: Finding and Choosing Your Puppy
Part II: Nurturing Your Puppy Day to Day
- Chapter 5: Home Sweet Home
- Chapter 6: Life from His Paws: Understanding Your Puppy’s View of the World.
- Chapter 7: Socialization and Civility
- Chapter 8: Kids and Puppies
- Chapter 9: Living with Your Puppy in the Real World
Part III: Training Your Puppy
- Chapter 10: Getting Everyone Involved
- Chapter 11: Using Cool Tools and Groovy Gadgets
- Chapter 12: Housetraining for Success
- Chapter 13: Teaching Everyday Etiquette
- Chapter 14: Training through Your Pup’s Growth Stages
- Chapter 15: Graduating to Off-Lead Control
Part IV: Overcoming Behavioral Problems
- Chapter 16: Dealing with Daily Hassles
- Chapter 17: When Anxiety Strikes
- Chapter 18: Curbing Socially Unacceptable Behaviors
Part V: In Sickness and in Health
- Chapter 19: Food and Fitness
- Chapter 20: Preventative and Emergency Care
- Chapter 21: Bugged In and Bugged Out: Internal and External Parasites
Part VI: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 22: Ten Crowd-Pleasing Tricks
- Chapter 23: Ten Fun Games